Home

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Summer reading list...


Over the last year or so I have fallen back in love with reading. For years I found it hard to find a genre and style of book that would keep me gripped and interested right to the end. I started by searching in charity shops for books as I didn’t want to spend a lot on a book I was never going to finish! Over the last year I’ve read a number of really great books and I’m so glad I got back into reading as I find it so relaxing.

I’m currently reading ‘One Day’ by David Nicholls; it is based on two people Emma and Dexter. The story tells of the same date every year, year after year and follows both their lives. I’m yet to finish this book, but I am really enjoying it!

I decided to write a summer reading lists of books I would like to get to read over the summer! There’s nothing better than sitting in the garden on a sunny day or grabbing a picnic and sitting somewhere quiet and serene to read! I thought I would share with you the books on the top of my list to read this summer!

The Great Gatsby
 In my younger and more venerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."
Set in the roaring 20’s, which I love, I think this book will trump the film.

The Hobbit
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
 I have always wanted to read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, but it makes sense to read The Hobbit first and I love the films so I’m sure the books will be amazing.

To Kill a Mockingbird
When he was nearly thirteen my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. 
 I have not read this book since I was in school! I remember really enjoying this book so if I get the chance it would be great to pick up a copy and read it again.

Are there any books you would recommend?

What are you reading over summer?

1 comment:

  1. Had to read to kill a mocking bird at school! You have inspired me to do a bit of summer reading <3
    Chloe xx
    chloebee1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete