Home

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Flashback to my new years resolutions...


As we are now over half way through the year, I thought it may be time to take a look back at some of the targets I set for myself in the New Year. Have I stuck to them? How has my lifestyle improved? Do I feel happier and Healthier?

I took a look back at my New Year’s blog post, Its really strange looking back at something that was written over 6 months ago and thinking where has that time gone? I was really pleased to see that all the improvements I wanted to make and goals I wanted to achieve have been achieved, or are in the process of being achieved.

I used to be terrible at drinking water, to be honest, I rarely used to drink one cup a day. I now easily drink three bottles a day and can happily say I have noticed a difference in my skin, hair and my metabolism. I am really pleased I have stuck with this and I am super pleased with the results.

Makeup free? I cannot believe I am sat here, confirming that I leave my skin makeup free over two days a week. I really used to shy away from people when I had no makeup on. I used to pretty much wear makeup everyday unless I was feeling unwell, even to the gym!! Now, I happily wear no makeup to work up to three times a week! Even on my days off I sometimes just pop a bit of mascara on! I have not only noticed a massive difference in my skin, but also a difference when I have my makeup on. I have an inner confidence now without makeup and this feels great!

I was really keen in the New Year, to lose a bit of weight healthily. I have since the New Year used the My Fitness Pal app most days, exercised 3-4 times a week and now just six months on notice a massive difference in the way I look. If you haven't already check out my 'You can do it' post to see how I dropped my weight to fit into my perfect wedding dress! But lets be honest, I definitely have days where I don’t eat well, I still enjoy a cake or some chocolate but by maintaining exercise at the gym I have managed to keep the weight off and couldn’t be happier!

The only thing I can say I am not so pleased with is that I still use social media, A LOT. But hey, I couldn’t achieve everything I set out to do, but maybe in six months’ time I could say I’m getting better with this.


I have really enjoyed taking a look back; I am glad I wrote a post that I could reflect on and make new goals from, I may even set some new goals for the next six months…


No comments:

Post a Comment