Home

Thursday 13 November 2014

A visit to the Library

As a child I was an extremely keen reader. I read Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl and of course J.K Rowling. I loved how books opened my imagination to a world of mystery and excitement.

Through my teens reading became Heat magazine, Look and Cosmopolitan. I am now, thankfully, brain dead of gossip magazines. I have turned a corner and found something I really enjoy reading. I believe reading is massively important, it takes you away from reality as well as being relaxing and therapeutic and I am so happy to have found an Author and series I really enjoy.

I introduce you too.. Benjamin Black, The Quirke series.


Benjamin Black is the Pen name of Author John Banville. This series is set in 1950s Dublin and has a total of six books, Christine Falls, Silver Swan, Elegy for April, A Death in Summer, Vengeance and finally Holy orders.

I am currently on the fourth book, A Death in Summer. It happened by chance that I started this amazing series of books. I stumbled across the first, Christine Falls, whilst on a holiday in Spain. It was only on my recent visit to the library that I realised there was a whole collection of these books, this made me very happy after falling in love with the story and characters; I honestly can't put the books down.

As i mentioned the books are set in 1950s Dublin, and tackle all aspects of that era. The books are full of mystery and crime, timed perfectly by Black. Not only have I fallen in love with the family and characters throughout the novels, but also each plot in itself is more exciting through each book I read.

I had to share this fab series and also add to remember to visit your local libraries and bookshops as you never know what you might find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment