Home

Sunday 16 November 2014

A bit too early Christmas fun...

Its two weeks before I 'allow' myself to get excited about Christmas, but as usual I have already picked up some new Christmas decorations for our Christmas tree. I simply can't resist. Once the adverts begin on the television , the chocolate, biscuit and mince pies flood the aisles at the supermarkets, I just get too excited.

Our theme for Christmas last year was simple and traditional. Reds, wood effect and a few bits of glitter and gold. I made a lot of my own decorations last year including our wreath and glittery pine cones, which I am going to make again this year along with a table centre piece. I love making my own pieces as I think you can make them exactly to your liking, I also love that it means I can have a whole day dedicated to Christmas decorations and Christmas baking :) Unfortunately, I have to wait till December for that so I treated myself to a few decorations from The Range yesterday.

They had a really good selection of decorations to suit our wood and red theme, I picked just three from a very reasonably priced selection. I do think you have to filter through some of the ' tat ' but overall I couldn't fault their selection. I picked up some soft heart style baubles, with snowflakes and Merry Christmas on. I also picked up some great tartan and wood Christmas tree and star baubles, I think this will look really rustic and pretty on the tree. Finally, I picked out the adorable Reindeer with his orange scarf, I couldn't resist...  I'm not sure the whole collection goes together but I love mixing and matching, no - one likes a perfect tree and I'm sure they will suit all my decorations from last year.

Hurry up Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment